This site is best view with 1024 x 768 resolution. Some of the images are from Deviantart and printmaster. Go to my multiply (or photobucket) site to view enlarged versions of the pictures here.

10.20.2005

Literacy Month Culminating Program

This is the first time that I've seen Ma'am Garabiles cry. As our adviser, she has put a lot of effort to make our door design "the best". We, the 4Galileo students, have been expecting much from ourselves. We actually thought that we'd win. Kung hindi man champion, basta nasa top 3. Alam naman kasi namin yung gawa namin. Alam namin i-assess yung work namin. No denying, we had a really good design plus you can see how resourceful we have been. And the content of our door design (e.g FLUENT - Facilitate Learning, Uncover English Now for Tommorow and "English impedes intellectual death") was the most meaningful. Hindi sya yung tipong common or gasgas.

During the announcement of the winners a while ago, a lot of us were yelling "Galileo! 4Galileo!". That was how much we expected our class win. Unfortunately, we didn't. Nakakainis kasi alam naman namin na ma maganda yung door namin kaysa sa iba. I know na Ma'am Garabiles, just like us, was expecting us to win.

Then after the program ended, I was in the library with Jonee, Faye, Daphne, Joanna, Raymark and Danya. Suddenly, Ma'am Garabiles entered the room, crying. It's about the door design. I don't know, siguro Ma'am feels frustrated because our seldom wins in school contests. Maybe she thinks na we deserve (and we really deserve it naman talaga) to win kasi nakikita na nya yung willingness namin and concern for the class. Maybe she thinks they (kasi hindi ako kasali eh) worked hard enough para dun.

Basta, I feel really frustrated pero somehow, I was relieved due to what faye said. "Baka kaya di tayo nanalo dun kasi may mas malaki pa taung award na makukuha" and Daphne said "ah, yung class of the month".

I hope they're right


P.S. I won 3rd place in the Short Story writing contest. I can hardly believe it. (hehe. joke) Two of the characters in my story were Julius and ****.

No comments: