This site is best view with 1024 x 768 resolution. Some of the images are from Deviantart and printmaster. Go to my multiply (or photobucket) site to view enlarged versions of the pictures here.

10.29.2005

grown up

When a girl turns 16, she's supposed to have fun but as I turn 16 this November, I’m supposed to think and feel that I’m turning 21.

That means that I should be more mature – in all aspects. When I told Faye last Thursday about this becoming-an-adult thing, she told me, “Ano bang meron sa Laoag at naging ganyan ka?” A lot, actually but I will not mention it anymore.

Last Wednesday, I finally got tired of people who consider me just as a kid. They always assume that I am not the serious type of person. People never take my actions and words seriously. To them, I am just a kid – skeptical in my decisions, reckless in my actions and careless in my choice of words. But I am not all that.

I realized that if I want adults (21-and-above-year-olds. That should give you a clue as to whom I’m referring to) to treat me as an adult, I have to start acting as an adult.

That means no more hyper-Ayi. I can’t afford to be “high” now and do all those crazy stuff I used to do. No more cursing. No more jumping and dancing (in public) when I’m happy. No more crying due to embarrassment or low grades or all those other petty stuff. No more using of informal and rude words. No more miss irresponsible. No more rushing of projects and homeworks. Less gossiping. No more talking about people behind their backs. No more yelling and that usual “Aaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!” when I see someone cute and friends agree. No more telling to my friends about things that I should keep only to myself. No more taking pictures of guys. Less of taglish speaking and writing. No more asal bata and isip bata.

I don’t know if this is a poor attempt at giving some people the impression of me to be finally growing up. I don’t know if this change is for good or bad.

All I know is that I hate to think that some people just don’t take me seriously; some people think I’m frivolous. And I will stop at nothing to prove them wrong.

No comments: