This site is best view with 1024 x 768 resolution. Some of the images are from Deviantart and printmaster. Go to my multiply (or photobucket) site to view enlarged versions of the pictures here.

3.12.2006

Goodbye and thank you

With only a few days left in the school year, WE EXPERIENCE A LOT OF LASTS AND AS WE GO THROUGH THIS, WE TEND TO REMEMBER A LOT OF FIRSTS. It brings me mixed emotions of joy and melancholy as I refresh in my mind the first school daeys.


During the freshman orientation which was held at the gym, a girl from Felkris stepped on my umbrella, which I placed next to my bag. I gave the girl my super-suplada-irap. At the end of the school year, that girl became one of my closest friends. She is Marie Ritz Payseng and even if she now attends another school, we still e-mail each other. Another classmate of mine, a guy from Holy Angel’s Montessori, whom I didn’t know or recognize until he did a report in our Filipino class about a “panty freak”, became a close friend of mine during the last quarter of my freshman year. He is Ralph Waldo Acosta. Ritz, Ralph and I were the Harry Potter dream team during our freshman year.


Of course, we couldn’t forget our class organization, Teapot, which was headed by Faye. We were even told off by our class adviser, Mrs. Ducusin since we were collecting money. But that money was only used for the purchase of our Teapot IDs.


There was also a time when I was sent to the guidance office, with my partner in crime, Joanna. I wouldn’t disclose the reason we were called since it’s a bit embarrassing.


Another significant event during my freshman year is Lorma High School’s championship in the La Union Journalism Congress. That was the first time it has happened in the high school and having been the second placer in Feature writing during that time, really makes me proud.


When we were in second year, all of us were contented and very happy with our class section. Each section of the year felt like they really belong to their sections – we all felt like we belong to a family. Everyone in II-Einstein thinks that it was our best class. Everyone was in good terms with everybody. It was also in my sophomore year when I became best friends with Faye and Jonee. It was during that time when we made our ‘Ten Commandments of Friendship’ and we still abide by those rules.


II-Einstein class was really fun. After we have our class in the computer laboratory, we go straight to Michelle’s and buy food. One time 90% of the class was late in Ecology because we were all in Michelle’s. Faye, Jonee and I cleaned the classroom if we are not scheduled to clean. That’s how we loved II-Einstein. Oftentimes, Dominick and Chicky would help us. Our class even had an official candy – Maxx, cherry flavor.


One of our mishaps happened during the fieldtrip to Neuva Ecija, when Faye, Jonee and I were almost left in one of the itineraries because we were in restroom. We were lucky that the bus hasn’t gone that far, our classmates were still able to see us running after the bus.


During our Christmas party, Andrew had to leave early. We were all convincing him to stay so that he wouldn’t miss the fun but he still decided to leave. After the party, we received a text message from him informing us that his mother died. Leaving the party then seemed not to be a bad decision.


Another Andrew incident happened one day when we were simply passing by the Einstein class and Morris suddenly grabbed Andrew and punched him. We were all dead serious and worried during that time. But now, as we look back, we just smile and ask Morris, “uy, Bakit mo sya sinuntok?” He still hasn’t answered that one.


In our junior year, Faye and I stayed in III-Dalton and Jonee was in III-MC. Even if we were not in the same section, the friendship we have remained intact and even grew stronger.


Our junior year was very eventful. In one of the contests I’ve joined, I met a person who .


Our class bonded with each other during our commercial making. We anticipate each Saturday as another tiring and eventful day for our commercial making.


There are two remarkable events during that year. First is the Faqtards website, which is a degrading website for the third years. Until now, the webmasters of the site are still hiding among us. Second is the JS Prom, which turned all of us into blossoming ladies and gentlemen.


There is not much to say about my senior year. I can only talk about our Intrams championship, Prom and the dispute between factions in our batch. Right now, I am just excited to go to college.


I guess my senior year became a journey into myself, realizing who I really am, what I am capable of, what I am afraid of, and what I want to do for the rest of my life.


After I look back at the four years that has elapsed, I realize that the mere things that I complain about and little things that exist in my daily experience are the things that complete my high school life. That a high school without class disputes, prom, CAdT forms, terror teachers, gossips, intramurals, difficult projects, crushes, and flag ceremonies is not high school at all.


Yet, we must not forget that the bottom line of high school is education. EDUCATION IS A RIGHT BUT THE LORMA EDUCATION IS A PRIVELEGE. When I was a freshman, I was hesitant to attend Lorma after learning that I got into Philippine Science High School – CVC only that I was already enrolled when the admissions office called me. Now, that I am about to graduate from Lorma, I realize that I was indeed blessed to have learned lessons that I can only learn with the Lorma experience.


As we graduate, we are taunted with the question, “To whom do you entrust your brains now?” It is a question that pertains to where you are going. You graduate, now what? Graduation should mean that you are closing your door to high school and the people you met and loved during that time. Graduation, for me, is simply opening another pane in the window of my life so that I can see a better picture of what’s outside – the real world. When I was in freshman, I opened the pane of high school. Now that I am senior, I am about to open the pane of college.


Whatever university I choose to go to, I will always remain a Lormanian, a friend to those who cared for me in high school, and a student to the teachers who shaped my mind.


To God, I offer everything, the fruits of my high school education and my life. To my parents, I know that you are proud of me but someday, I still hope that I can make you even prouder.


To my friends and colleagues, I hope that we would remain friends though we're apart. To my teachers, I hope that someday, with my achievements, you will realize the fruits of patience and sacrifices.


Friends, classmates, acquaintances, and teachers, goodbye and thank you

No comments: