This site is best view with 1024 x 768 resolution. Some of the images are from Deviantart and printmaster. Go to my multiply (or photobucket) site to view enlarged versions of the pictures here.

1.12.2006

random musings

I've read a blog about how this certain blogger dislikes Patricia Evangelista's column in the Inquirer. She says "While some columnists do the best they can to produce rigorous analysis of socio-political conditions, others like Ms. Patricia Evangelista of the Philippine Daily Inquirer use the medium haphazardly for her own self-gratification." Siguro that's because Patricia finds inspiration or essence in writing from her own experiences. She tells stories of her life, not for her own self-gratification, but as a form of self-expression.
I actually look up to her. Not a lot of youngsters are given that space for expression especially in a national newspaper like the PDI.
There was also a comment na "The host mentioned that she was Patricia Evangelista and that she won the ESU award. The first thing that hit me was, what kind of award did she earn and why is she getting so much recognition for it."
We can't deny that a lot of doors opened for Patricia after winning in the ESU. she became a host in a show in ANC, breakfast in Studio 23, writer for the Phil. star before becoming a columnist for the Phil. Daily Inquirer. Pero di pa rin sya ganun kapansin.
I'll bet na only a tenth of the Lorma pop. knows her. Mas sikat pa rin ang mga tulad ni Jasmine Trias na Pilipino by blood (I'm Ilocano, believe me - Jasmine Trias, see PDI, Entertainment section, Jan. 12) pero lumaki naman sa kultura ng ibang bansa kaysa ang katulad ni Patricia Evangelista na may mga ideyang dapat pakinggan, ideals that "reminder for all of us who are losing our trust and love for our beloved country"
(naks. emotional conio)
**Anyways, I passed the ACET (Ateneo College Entrance Test). I didn't qualify for my first choice course, BS Physics with Applied Computer Systems, which is an Honors program. I qualified for BS-MAC. I don't even know what BS-MAC means. I have already forgotten my second, third and fourth course. I called Mama that afternoon and she said it's BS Math with Computational Science. whatever.

No comments: